Resources for Support
The following links are helpful resources for survivors of sexual assault, family members, and friends of those who are survivors. The first site mentions what you should do once you have been raped. For example, it states how to preserve all physical evidence of the assault and to write down as much as you can remember. The second website defines rape and what you could do as a friend to support and comfort a rape victim. Next, the third site explains what you can do to help yourself recover from sexual assault. There are various tips that are able to help you physically, emotionally and mentally.
Centers in Sonoma County
Please seek help. Teachers and staff are there to lend a hand.
- Suzy Murray: Project SUCCESS, Rancho Cotate High Shool
- Verity: 835 Piner Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, (707)545-7270
- Sonoma County Rape Crisis Center: 1111 Sonoma Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95405, (707)528-2065
- Family Service Agency(FSA): 751 Lombardi Court, Suite C, Santa Rosa, CA 95407, (707)547-2222
- Brookwood Health Center: 983 Sonoma Ave, Santa Rosa, CA, (707)583-8700
- CARE-Children’s Counseling Center: 666 7th Street, Santa Rosa, CA, 95494, (707)585-6108
- California Parenting Institute: 3650 Standish Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95497, (707)565-6108
- Family Circle (Spanish only): 531 E Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95404, (707)544-4653
- Petaluma Police Department: 969 Petaluma Blvd North, Petaluma 94952, (707)778-4372
- Santa Rosa Police Department: 965 Sonoma Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95404 (707)543-3600
- YWCA Sonoma County (Domestic Violence): 1421 Guerneville Road, Suite 200, Administration Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA 95403, (707)546-9922
Please call if you just need to talk, or report any violence or rape.
- Child Protective & Child Welfare Services Hotlines: (707) 565-4304 (24-hour)or (800) 870-7064
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233 or (800) 787-3224
- Teen Dating Abuse: (866)-331-9474 or (866)-331-8453
- National Sexual Assault: (800)-656-4673.
Types of Support Groups
There are different support groups that specialize in working with different types of sexual assault cases, such as:
- VERITY– 835 Piner Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Group for Survivors of Sexual Assault– San Francisco, CA 94118
- (650) 282-3418
- Survivors of Childhood Sexual Assault– Petaluma, CA 94952
- (707) 832-4678
- Boundaries for Abuse Survivors– Sonoma, CA 95476
- (707) 800-3599
- AMAC LGBT Friendly– Redding, CA 96002
- (530) 665-8695